Monday, March 10, 2014

Breakfast on the GO

One Saturday morning I got a little creative with
 Breakfast.

On weekdays I don't get up early enough to eat a decent breakfast. (I know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day...but my beauty sleep is more important:)

This is what I gathered...

pancake mix: The just add water kind, plus it has at least a years expiration. Perfect for short term storage.

Chocolate chips: A must have in your my storage!

Blueberries: My husband eats them every morning in his oatmeal. So I best be having them stored up in the freezer at least.

Sausage: I had some in the freezer, but I have bottled some as well.


 
 Just mix up the pancake mix with water as directed on the package. Then I poured some into the muffin tins (I sprayed the tins first with some cooking spray).
Then I took a sausage and cut one up into a tin, then added some blueberries into some others (not together in the same muffin).
Then I topped off the muffin tins with more pancake mix to cover the add ins.

 
 I should have followed the same instructions for the chocolate chip ones. I sprinkled the chips on top so I would be able to recognize which was which. Not a smart move. They were too melty on top and didn't store as easily, because the chocolate chips got all over the baggies. Adding them to the center would have been smarter.

 
 This is the finished product as they came out of the oven.
Remember they are pancakes, so they will not brown up like a cupcake or muffin.
 

These were my favorite! The sausage was a nice treat.



 Disclaimer: If you eat these thinking to yourself. Yum muffins...No they wont be Yum at all.

They are pancakes, so they will not taste like muffins.
But still good. I have taken them in the morning on the go and enjoyed them.

If you were to serve them at home and not on the go, then offering some pancake syrup to dip in would be the Perfect touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment